Carly Svamvour

I have not read this so there's no place for me to make a review - but I watched the movie last night. WHich is very good ... but ... I do NOT like the way the craft of Wicca was represented in this movie. Any comments on this?

To answer questions about Salem Falls, please sign up.
Janelle Trees This is an old question, Carly. But it still interests me (and I've just read the book).
Knowledgeable (or mature) Wicca is represented in the novel by a witch who has a Wiccan shop in town. She has a generally balanced perspective on the Craft, I thought.
Picoult has her casting a safe-space spell in Court, which is theatrical.
And the young women who are learning Wicca each have their own uses and understanding of it.
I found Picoult sympathetic. From my limited knowledge, I don't think Wicca and witches are misrepresented (except by characters who are ignorant about it).
I've not seen the movie and will look out for it.
Mbali Zimu This book had me turning the pages each second. I love the way Jodi Picoult told the story from multiply perspective as the mystery of Jack was unfolding. Salem Falls absolutely took my breath away.
Stacy Bahe I have not seen the movie, but I am about 2/3 of the way through the book. I think the representation of Wicca is very minimal in the book, so that may be a Hollywood addition. I feel that movies aren't always accurate, and do what is cool for the camera.
Image for Salem Falls
by Jodi Picoult (Goodreads Author)