Cher Gallaugher
Cher Gallaugher asked Ben Montgomery:

Thank-you for sharing Emma Gatewood's inspiring story! I liked the correction to Bryson's description of her. It was nice to revisit pieces of the AT, especially Katahdin, that I have seen in short hikes. Once I retire from teaching, I’d like to hike longer distances but fear of aging creeps in; Emma reminds me that I shouldn't worry about that! My question, are you currently writing or plan to write any new books?

Ben Montgomery Hi Cher --

Thanks very much for your kind words. You've made my day. I sold my second book proposal to Chicago Review Press a few months ago and my deadline for the manuscript is in December. So, yes. Book two coming soon, I hope. I can't give too much away now, but it's about a woman who helped the US as a spy during World War II and saved thousands of soldiers' lives. An unlikely heroine. I'm super excited to share the story and hope you'll read it.