Sarah Cassidy
Sarah Cassidy asked:

Is this an--forgive me--older person's read? Is this self-proclaimed "meditation on aging" likely to appeal to me as a 22-year-old?

To answer questions about And the Birds Rained Down, please sign up.
Jim Puskas Not really, because the central themes are universal. But it may be a bit more difficult for a younger person to truly appreciate the innate value of life and view the hovering presence of death in quite the same way as the very old characters in this story.
Anne Yes! I read the book as a 25-year-old and loved it. We are *all* aging, all the time, but also we all interact with people who are older than us, whether strangers, friends, or family. But mostly, I just thought it was well written, had beautiful imagery, and fascinating characters, so if nothing else, that's worth reading.
Brian Blondahl No. Not worth the read.
Taylor Berry Definitely not an older person's read only. It appealed to me as a 27-year-old. I think it's as much a meditation on self-determination as it is aging!
Image for And the Birds Rained Down