What was the inspiration behind this book?

To answer questions about Reversal, please sign up.
Eric Linne Mika, Sorry for my late reply. Both of my sons were high school wrestlers. My younger son wrestled two girls during his junior years. After one of the matches, I had a number of parents ask me how my son felt about wrestling a girl. After I thought about these questions for a while, I began to think that these parents were asking the wrong question. Instead, it made me think about how this girl felt about primarily wrestling boys. As you know, wrestling is an extremely tough sport. And it must be even tougher for a girl who finds herself in situations where some wrestlers, coaches, fans and parents are openly hostile about girl wrestlers. So I have a deep admiration for female wrestlers, such as yourself. Keep at it!

By the way, the second girl that my son wrestled beat him. She went on to qualify for the North Carolina State Tournament and is now wrestling on a women's college team. The inspiration for my main character's name is Kayla Miracle, the first girl to qualify for the State Wrestling Tourney in Indiana.

If you have further questions, you can email me at elinne22@gmail.com
Image for Reversal