John Farris
John Farris asked:

How on earth did this not get Best Fantasy of 2014?? So storming frustrating. Words of Radiance is a masterpiece. Stormlight Archive is the best fantasy series of the last decade in my opinion and Sanderson should be awarded a full set of Shardplate for his mad skills and epic writing yo. Angerspren started springing up around me once I noticed that this didn't get the recognition it deserved. Anyone agree?

To answer questions about Words of Radiance, please sign up.
Linchuan Well, Number 2 isn't bad. Part of me suspects that fans of paranormal romance are less critical, or at least the market is less saturated, than fans of epic fantasy. After all, there is no dearth of "good" epic fantasy novels out there, even though a tome as sophisicated and well-woven as the Way of Kings is extremely uncommon.

But look at Sanderson's competition: Rothfuss, Ericson, himself in the last coupla WoT books, arguably Weeks. Also GRRM, who I personally don't like much but lots of other people seem to. Face it, us epic fantasy fans are spoiled.

Not knowing much about paranormal romance, I would venture a hypothesis that the competition for high-quality paranormal romance is much lower.
David Snow I absolutely agree!!
Image for Words of Radiance
by Brandon Sanderson (Goodreads Author)