Amanda Squires

Read this month ago. A little disturbed by how the plot line developed were you?.

To answer questions about When I Found You, please sign up.
Julie Nathan felt like a real person to me. Developed well. We understood why he was compelled to help Nat. I kept wishing Nathan’s efforts were better spent. This might be the point; that we shouldn’t be kind to get something in return. The story veered second half into what was, for me, just not believable on any level. A quick read.
Lynda Roberts I've read many of her books and enjoyed most of them. In this one, the characters just didn't come alive for me. I didn't particularly like either Nat or Nathan. I keep waiting for something positive....and waiting.....I Would not recommend it.
Mark I see the plot and characters are simply a framework to show the reader how to be a better person, and how by being so, we impact others in positive ways. A parable, of sorts.
Gabbi I really loved this story. I know some people don't think she developed the characters enough, but I think that really spoke to how emotionally challenged her two main characters were. They were complicated, and had a difficult time sharing emotion, but I thought Nathan always put a lot of thought and compassion into his actions. He made a commitment and he wasn't going to walk away from that. I have just discovered this author and will definitely read more!
Marcia I hope other friends will read this book so I may discuss it. There is something to be said about making a commitment to a person like Nathan did for Nat. I wish I could do this for a child, but there are also limitations and being human. I think only some parents would go this far for a child. I don't want to give it away - so I'll leave it for now. If you are a friend and read it, please email me. I'm calling you!
Susan I liked the book in general but not enough character development and didn't go into motivations enough. Other than that.... it read very fast.
Jeannie
Rebekah Yes! I found it hard to agree with Nathan's motivations and actions.
Image for When I Found You
by Catherine Ryan Hyde (Goodreads Author)