OneFootInHellAlready

Is this book as good as everyone says, I own it and I'm going to read it in the upcoming weeks. Although, everyone says that it's "Amazing!" and is giving it 5 stars. Does it deserve this rep and is it overrated?

To answer questions about The Final Empire, please sign up.
Avaminn F'nett Yes, it is. Despite the fairly basic "Team of unlikely heroes defeat nearly-invincible evil overlord" plot of the first book, the magic system is incredible and the later 2 books are a complete deconstruction of the genre.
Wolfman2032 It has one of the most novel magic systems I've seen in a long time... but that's about it. The plot is passable, but the world building is weak; nothing mentioned that isn't directly related to the plot. It seems like he creates elements/settings as needed rather than pulling them from a fully fleshed out world. Sanderson is great at coming up with ideas, but not the best story teller. (also the heavy handed Christian allegory gets old quick, unless you're into that)
Image for The Final Empire
by Brandon Sanderson (Goodreads Author)