Goodreads asked Laura Garrett:

Laura Garrett As a mental health therapist, I have worked with hundreds of individuals and couples who struggle with relationship issues. I created a workshop on relationship skills, and thus this book was born. I strongly believe that everyone deserves to be in a healthy, happy, long-lasting relationship, and I believe they exist, with some work and know how.
Being a therapist and not a writer by trade, I was unsure how to start this book, so I started it with "Once upon a time", not intending to keep this introduction, however, after I got started, the book wrote itself. So I stuck with the fairytale narrative to make learning the 5 skills needed to build and sustain a healthy relationship fun and easy to read.