Susan Gorman
Susan Gorman asked Candis Terry:

Am so excited to read Fiona's story! I love the characters in this series. What inspired you to write this series? And set it in Texas?

Candis Terry Hi Sue! I kind of never expected to write a series of this size. Initially I just had the idea for Reno's book. But at the time, my agent suggested I come up with a 3 book proposal. Jackson started nagging in my head so I knew I'd have to write his story, and then somewhere along the way Jesse jumped in. When I envisioned all of these heroes bantering back and forth and arguing the whole thing just all came together. Texas was an easy choice because I love Texas. It's big and wonderful and I could just picture these brothers with their big personalities living there.