Sophie
Sophie asked:

What age do you think this book is appropriate for? Is it okay for a mature 14 year old?

To answer questions about The Diviners, please sign up.
Librarylover I got a bit scared but thats just normal with the topic and the content. If the 14 year old has read books like that before, with murder and crime, it should be fine.
Chantal This book contains: graphic murder, animal sacrifice, assisted suicide, rape, abortion, drinking, smoking, time period appropriate cussing, human experimentation, occult themes and a creepy song.

As a 36 year old, some of this was too much for me to get through, but I did, because it is a good story. I’m not a mom, but I know some moms who would say 16+. It really is up to the parent if you are wanting to control what your child reads. Although most parents would just be glad their kid is reading.
Sarah I'm 13 and it's fine.
Lea I'm 13, and I read this book and was fine with it. There is some slightly graphic imagery (to do with murder), but if they are able to deal with that, then it should be fine :)
Image for The Diviners
by Libba Bray (Goodreads Author)