Erin
Erin asked Carol Goodman:

Hi Carol, I have really enjoyed your Blythewood series so far. I think you write beautifully and the story for Ava is so well done, I can never keep a book down once I start! First, I would like to know what your inspiration for this story was/is, and second, why you chose the time period that you did? Thank you for your time and I cannot wait for the third book!

Carol Goodman Thank you, Erin! I'm so glad you enjoyed Blythewood. There were a couple of inspirations. I love fairy tales and fairy lore. I also love books set at schools. I thought it might be fun to combine the two. At first I was attracted to the period because my daughter writes a webcomic set in 1911 (pennysreadfulcomics.com). But the more I learned about the era
The more I realized what a pivotal time it was. Everything is changing--ideas about women, immigrants, psychology ... It seemed
Like the perfect time to stage a battle between good and evil ... As you will see in Book 3! Thanks for asking!