Jon
Jon asked:

I picked this book up when browsing a book store because it was 70% off and the first in a series. I have never read anything by Raymond Feist before. Is it possible to read this novel first without any other background knowledge into the world or characters?

To answer questions about Rides a Dread Legion, please sign up.
Lola Pop Well it's a year old question but i'll answer it anyway for future readers.

No. At this point the series relies mostly on the lore and characters it has built so far. You won't understand half of what is going on, and you probably won't be able to relate to the characters.
Michelle Cowley I know this is really old, but for anyone else looking; I disagree with Lola's answer. I'm new to Feist's work, and, other than reading Jimmy and the Crawler which is almost on it's own, I started with this book unfamiliar with the lore and characters. I absolutely loved it, and I'm about to finish the next novel in the Demonwar saga.

Admittedly, I'm about to order Magician, I am hooked and I need to read everything Feist has written.
Image for Rides a Dread Legion