Patrick
Patrick asked:

How closely does the movie follow the book?

To answer questions about Fight Club, please sign up.
Michael Chapman It follows the book much more closely than many films follow their respective books.
Benjamin Richards Apart from a few devistions between book and script I thought David Fincher really dif sn amazing job of capturing the raison d'etre of the work. The humour in the film, however dark, is amplified whereas the books humour is... different. I watched the film a long time ago, and read the book lady month which intrigues me as to whether, if I'd have read the book first, my reaction would be changed.
Cam Schitter The ending was changed significantly, the soap making scenario is different, How the narrator meets tyler is different. The book is much darker than the movie. But in my opinion the book is much better than the movie. I read the book after seeing the movie and I very much enjoyed the experience. Though Fincher did try his best to get all the great little things in that make/made fight club amazing.
Image for Fight Club
by Chuck Palahniuk (Goodreads Author)