Fran
Fran asked:

Is this for everyone or just for girls?

To answer questions about Shutter, please sign up.
Continental Drifter I'm a guy and I loved it. But I also kind of reject your supposition that "some books are for girls" in the first place. Read what you like. I do. If people want to laugh at me for having read AND ENJOYED the entire Gallagher Girls series, be my guest, I don't give a shit.
Jamiebu Who doesn't like a rebellious, quick witted, super hot (in my mind) young female kick-ass heroine? Read the book!
Anna the main character is a girl and it has some romance in it, but it's super gory and girl isn't girly at all. So...everyone if you're up for it.
Kris It's for anybody who likes a solidly written horror sci-fi fantasy with insanely tough and clever lead characters. Also plenty of spook to go with the gore, excellently paced action, good internal logic. Bit of Buffy, bit of Supernatural, bit of all the best B-horror movies. Not for children still at the picture book stage, of course . . .
Dani I would say it is for everyone :)
Image for Shutter
by Courtney Alameda (Goodreads Author)