Angela
Angela asked:

I am currently reading The Bell Jar and Sparknotes says Esther preludes to having a baby (in the future) in the first chapter but never goes back to it again. I completely missed it and would like to know how she mentioned it, and where she mentioned it in the chapter?

To answer questions about The Bell Jar, please sign up.
Allison She is describing the free gifts given to her by the people hosting her in New York, and says that she never really used them but makes an offhand comment about how she took the plastic starfish off the sunglasses and gave it to "the baby" to play with. She never says it is her baby specifically, but I felt it was implied.
Jessica In the section where Esther tells you how she came to be in New York, which starts something like: "There were twelve of us at the hotel".
Image for The Bell Jar