MomToKippy
MomToKippy asked:

Are the Bayern books clean? Ok for young ladies?

To answer questions about Forest Born, please sign up.
Jessica I read them when I was 11.
There is a little sword-fighting and battling with magic, but not too much graphic stuff…no more gory description than, “He bled heavily onto the stones” or “He was charred.”
There is a little romance, but nothing overly explicit. In Enna Burning, Enna and Razo share a tent and Finn says he has to protect Enna’s honor but there’s really nothing there. In River Secrets there’s a brief bit of suggestive material, but I think it’s pretty PG. It just says that Finn is sleeping beside Enna because she has nightmares, and Razo thinks they’re together-together.
There is not much offensive language. In Goose Girl and Enna Burning they use the word “bastard” and in Forest Born Razo says Enna was “through some hell” but I don’t think he meant it in a bad way. Enna is a little sharp-tongued but her language is pretty PG.
Emma I think this book is perfect for young adults, and does not have enough battle scenes to be called inappropriate for young ladies. I definitely recommend this book for people above the age of 9! Great book!
Emily Savage It depends on you and the age of your young lady. They're about as clean as the first two Harry Potter books.
The Goose Girl has some brief graphic violence, actually, all of them have brief graphic bits of violence. There is romance, too (not inappropriate).
kate ♡ I would say late middle grade // young adult. I would read Shannon Hale's other books first if you're looking for something for young ladies :))
Image for Forest Born
by Shannon Hale (Goodreads Author)