John Schuster
John Schuster asked:

I agree with Deanna M. However I stuck it out longer than three pages. What a waste of good ink and my time. What made this book a New York Times bestseller?

Karen I got about 1/4 of the way through the book and had to quit. It wasn't the subject matter. I can respect that we (the author and I) have different view points. I simply could not deal with the crappy writing, and having "Texan" translated for us "Yankees." Ugh. This book would have been a ton better if he'd had a ghost writer, or at least one that could write.
KatesMarie Wow,if you would have listened to the author/writer Chris Kyle wanted this in his own words. What made it a best seller, well for one it was honest, came from the heart. It was the truth, if not for men such as Chris Kyle who put their lives on the line for people such as yourself who believe this is a waste of ink, well you could be forced into reading what the government tells you. Instead we have the freedoms to tell our stories, read about others experiences and form our opinions. If you don't agree with what our men and women in uniform do for us, well I would encourage you to move to a country where freedoms are not granted. If you don't like the writing, or the fact that he calls some of us "Yankees", get over it that is pretty. Not only did Chris Kyle put his life on the line soon "the front lines", he also dedicated his life to helping soldiers after deployment. So to Chris Kyle and all the other men and women in uniform I salute you, and thank you for your service. And to those who lost their lives, I will never be able too thank you enough, my deepest sympathies are with your loved ones. RESPECT!
Image for American Sniper