Amber Asmara
Amber Asmara asked:

Did you like the Australia Tv series more than the book?

To answer questions about The Slap, please sign up.
Sam I did. I felt that in the TV series the characters and story were fully-formed. The plot and character arcs developed in such a way that made it obvious the writers kept the main themes in mind (national vs. cultural identity, struggling for control as one grows older, guilt and blame, etc.) Every moment felt like it had a purpose. I guess the word I'm looking for is economical. A lot of that nuance is lost in the book. It is unfocused and monotonous. It feels like you are reading a simple blow by blow of a person's day, sprinkled with their long-winded irrelevant thoughts about how horrible their life is. The characters feel mal-developed and most of what they do feels pointless. The book is really nothing like the show. I was shocked. The show seems to be the story the original author intended to tell but wasn't skilled enough to execute.
Alisha YES I DID ITS WHAT MADE WANT TO READ THE BOOK THE BOOK WAS DISAPPOINTING
Image for The Slap