Maurita Kling
Maurita Kling asked:

I haven't read this book, but it's title reminds me of one I read long ago & really enjoyed, but can't find again!! It was half sci fi, half historical about a group of travelers in the Dark Ages who are not what they appear to be. Time travel via something described as a 'maggot' is part of the denouement.... Does this sound familiar to anyone?

To answer questions about The Novice's Tale, please sign up.
Nina Hettema The book you are describing is "The Maggot" by John Fowles, author of "The French Lieutenant's Woman", "The Magus" and other good reads. It's a very compelling book, I agree, and Fowles does his step-in-step-out of the narrative to give us a modern perspective on what happens when a group of medieval travelers meet an alien spacecraft, which event in turn inspires Ann Lee, the mother of the Shaker faith. What an imagination!
Image for The Novice's Tale