Hollie Konold
Hollie Konold asked:

I have heard really good things about "Poppet" and of all this series, this book intrigues me the most. Will I have to read the first five before this one to understand it? If I decide to read one of its predecessors later, does this one have any spoilers for the first five?

To answer questions about Poppet, please sign up.
Marsha You'll have a much deeper understanding of the main character and his actions if you read them all. And, the best books were the first two - Birdman and The Treatment - they are much darker than the ones written after Jack Caffery moved away from London.
Mike Pat is right. They make the back story vague enough so you don't really hear exactly what happens but gives you enough to be accessible without having to read the old books. I've read all of Mo Hayder's books up to Poppet (currently reading) but I started with Ritual which I think was the third. Anyway it wasn't a big deal at all. Pick it up and don't worry about it. I love it so far.
Pat (on partial hiatus) It really helps to have read the earlier books. There is an on-going conflict between two of the main characters that starts a few books earlier and if you read them out of sequence it "spoils" the earlier books.
Image for Poppet