Myrna
Myrna asked:

What book do you think is better to read, this by Alison Weir or the one by Anya Seton, that I am reading?

Linda Stepp Alison Weir's book is a great historical work and I did enjoy it although I missed "meeting" the person behind the historical record. However Weir did report some assumptions based on the historical record about what kind of persons Katherine and John were and that was helpful. Anya Seton's work is historical fiction so it is a different genre as Debra pointed out. I have not read it and am currently looking for a suitable copy. Weir mentioned the Seton book having read it herself it fueled her own desire to write the historical version. Weir also praised the book as a good novel of historical romance which she also enjoyed.
Danielle Hamilton the book by anya seton is the Definitive work on Katherine Swynford
Debra The Anya Seton book is how I encountered Katherine Swynford. Enjoyed it immensely. I have not read the Weir book, but it is non-fiction, so a different sort of read.
Vintage You can not go wrong reading Seton's Katherine. It is a seminal romance/historical.
Donna Having just finished this book, I can advise that Alison Weir addresses the book by Anya Seton, in the last chapter. Ms. Weir states, it is a book of the 50's, when it was written. It was written by a socialite turned author. After reading what Ms. Weir had to say, I'm not sure I even want to bother with reading the Anya Seton fiction, when this book is based on facts.
Image for Katherine Swynford