PacaLipstick Gramma

I just started this book, about 75 pages in. Has anyone else felt this story not too believable? This is 1956! Too much like the 1990s.

To answer questions about Is This Tomorrow, please sign up.
Janet Having been a kid in the 50's I could identity with the kids in this story. The cold war was on every parent's mind and I did hear of bomb shelters being built. I had one of the few Mom's who worked and always thought other Mom's looked down on her. In elementary school we always played outside until called home. My Mom rang a bell to tell us it was time to get home.
Vickie Yes the possibility of this happening in the 90s was so, as today, but much of this is realistic for the 50s because of Cold War era and peop les fear back then of communist and world war and there were actual bomb shelters built I America. We didn't have the fear of all the other radical countries back then as today. Just two major world powers!
Good comment though, but story was based on more things back in those times, a single mom raising a child back then in a family oriented neighborhood, And more.
willaful No, I didn't think it was remotely like the 90s. The 50s atmosphere seemed very well done.
Image for Is This Tomorrow
by Caroline Leavitt (Goodreads Author)