I always enjoy MHC books. I could not get into this one at all. Put it aside for a couple of days, still nothing. So disappointed. Is it me?

To answer questions about The Cinderella Murder, please sign up.
Olga I have the opposite take on this issue. I had never had any interest in MHC, but gave this series a try BECAUSE of Alarair Burke being a co-author. I much prefer actual A.Burke. MHC dilutes her stories with soap opera, while Burke's books are tight, smart, challenging mysteries.
To each their own.
Cybercrone Once a known and loved author starts "working with" another author, which I think basically means selling their name on the jacket, you won't find the same substance you found with the favourite author.
Patterson is the prime culprit with that scam and some of his previously loved series have been taken over by others and pretty much ruined. Just look at the reviews of the Women's Murder Club books since the unknown has been doing them. Outrage and disappointment.
I'll bet if you tried to read one of Alafair Burke's books you would find it the same as this one - because this is not a MHC book, no matter that the cover says they 'shared' the writing.
BAH!!
Jenny Carr I found that at the start. It was a little confusing. It might help if you read, "I've got you under my skin" first.
It did take me 100 pages to get into, but it was really good after that.
Joey I'd give the book another chance if I were you. The book was great. I resisted it for a long time because it was co-authored by someone I'd never heard of before, and I love Mary Higgins Clark's books. Didn't think it'd be the same. It was true Mary Higgins Clark style. I'm now going back and reading the first title in the Under Suspicion series.
Helen Beesley Not you... I didn't like it at all.
Image for The Cinderella Murder