Jocelyn Herondale

I have heard that the book is poorly writen, can anyone follow up on this?

To answer questions about The Maze Runner, please sign up.
Sei The author is not that good at describing emotions, and goes for the "he felt this feeling", instead of making the reader feel, completely violating the "show, don't tell" rule of writing. It gets better as the book progresses, but not that much. That was at least what I had the most problem with.
Lauren Lemont I disagree with all of the other commenters. James is actually a very good writer in my opinion, and everything was very clear to me. If you don't understand the dialogue or language, that might just be the way your mind works.
Vanessa George Its very hard to understand
Junie Abe Yes, it is poorly written.
The author said they are intelligent, yet, you can't see intelligence in them.
again, the "show don't tell" rule violation. :l
Jim I didn't like the relatively minimal use of invented language. It seemed very contrived, in large part seemingly to avoid any profanity, which is unrealistic among teenagers. However, compared to the truly poor writing and editing in so many books, this one is quite decent.
Image for The Maze Runner
by James Dashner (Goodreads Author)