Mattice Van
Mattice Van asked:

So i have an assignment for english and i don't know which book to read....; so its either this book or "high fidelity" or " the curious incident of the dog at the night time" and i'm really interested in "the humans" but i'm not sure help me please?

To answer questions about The Humans, please sign up.
Eileen Read all three and then decide
David Maesen I hope you have chosen well, Mattice, and that you like the book. I'll see you in class.
Erssie Having read all 3 of these books "The Curious Incident...." is my personal favourite for writing style and concept. I think it has been adapted for stage too. If you can choose your assignment, mentioning the adaptation and comparing the screenplay with the text novel could be interesting. However, you might have set questions that require you to stick to the book version.
R Which did you end up reading? My fave of the 3 is the curious incident. Love that book.
Sue Mcmullian I just realized that I am 6 years too late to give my opinion and I am also 6 years late in finding Matt Haig, However, I so enjoyed The Humans since I don't often laugh out loud when reading. It is not always funny especially as it turned dark but it certainly wants me to read more Haig novels. I have a book group that meets monthly and some could not get into this story, but those who did said that the others HAD to read The Humans.

I would like to know what Mattice read for the assignment.
Aslı Tümerkan I hope you chose High Fidelity. If not, go read High Fidelity.
Helen Which did you read? I love them all so I'd have recommended reading them all anyway. :)
David In terms of being interesting, intelligent and well-rounded books I'd put the order:

The Curious Incident > High Fidelity > The Humans

The Humans is okay, sharply written with some very amusing moments but the plot takes an old idea and doesn't do anything very novel with it. The love story takes over about half way through and, for me at least, it was all a bit obvious and the sentiments somewhat trite.
Image for The Humans
by Matt Haig (Goodreads Author)