Karen
Karen asked:

Readers, I am so intrigued by the title of the book. It works on different levels, right? (and, ahem...see what I did there ;) ) What would you say is "the Miracle that Set Them Free?"

Suzanne One family member's courage and devotion. The sister who stood up to those in charge and through her actions started the whole family camp at the site. She became a celebrity and her guts and determination drove others to get involved. For the miners I think their brotherhood kept them alive. From reaching deep down dark to rediscover their faith to putting someone else's needs over their own, they came together and kept each other going at the worst of times.
Val The miners ability to organize and come together in the most awful of circumstances, the rescuers dogged ability to stay the course for their rescue, the families of the miners who would not forget or allow those in authority to forget them.
Image for Deep Down Dark