Tammy Albrecht

I think I want to read this book. My son ended his life 8 years ago at the tender age of 22. Maybe this can bring some healing to me?

To answer questions about I Was Here, please sign up.
Alyssa I'm very sorry about your son. God bless you and him; I just read the book and I found it helpful at least in a sense that it reminded me that, even if the book is fiction, there are people who understand- people just like these characters. I guess that could be a form of healing, just knowing we're not alone. I know people who have left me and their loved ones behind by taking their own way out, and it's one of the worst feelings in the world. However, like it happens in the book, God always works things out for our good. Hope is one of the things that is both hard to hold onto, and hard to remember we always have.
Maggie Brooke I lost a friend to suicide a few months before I read this book, and while in many respects it was painful and made me revisit the grief, it was also cathartic. Whatever you decided, I am so sorry for you and for your son.
Genevieve At the end of the book i found that my perspective of suicide changed and i understood it better. its sad but i'd say if you really want
Ari B I say go for it. This book is fantastic.
But as for healing? I am unsure, it may be sad to read about such a sad topic again.
Anna Lande I honestly loved this book so much to the point, it actually made my suicidal thoughts worse, if you I looking for healing, don't read this book.
Image for I Was Here
by Gayle Forman (Goodreads Author)