Annie
Annie asked:

Appropriate age range for readers of this book? (Also, is there any/much crude language, etc?)

To answer questions about Those Who Save Us, please sign up.
Lisa Ratley I read anything and everything when I was young...if I could get to it, I could read it. I read books that were WAAAY more adult than this one...
Mondi Alailima Ditto. Was a little surprised at some of the graphic violence. Definitely not for tweens/teens.
L This isn't one I'd be open to letting my tweens/teens read. A lot of graphic and demoralizing sexual encounters.
Anastasia I would NOT recommend this book for a teen. There's rape and other graphic violence in it.
Liz Harmath Definitely an adult audience. Brutal and unexpected violence, going beyond the ongoing rape scenes. It's WWII historical fiction so you know there will be violence, but it keeps popping up in shocking ways. It's the "never know when to expect it" aspect that really got to me.
Kelli Definitely an adult only book. It was very graphic.
Tracie The language is not too bad. The violence, both sexual and otherwise, is what you would expect in a book written about a woman who lived through the horrors of the Nazi regime. As to appropriate age range, I believe that depends on the individual maturity of the reader. A mature 14 yr old can handle this easily with the understanding that this is a historical representation of that point in time.
Ilja Slingerland I think 16+ ww2 was a gruesome time, so there are some shocking scenes but I heard those things from survivors an in history class since I was twelve years of age. in my opinion the bed scenes make it 16+ but it's on the booklist at highschool (14+) where I live
Nic not so much crude language.. but do recommend this book for adult audience or groups of readers to encourage dialogue after reading the more graphic and disturbing topics. very detailed and explicit rape and violence that was unexpected time and time again throughout the flashbacks.
Amanda Very explicit scenes and crude content! Adults only.
Image for Those Who Save Us
by Jenna Blum (Goodreads Author)