Laura
Laura asked Leah Raeder:

I just pre-ordered Black Iris, and I was just wondering, how severely will my heart will be broken after I've finished it? Also, what are some of your favorite fictional characters in literature? :)

Leah Raeder Hi Laura. It's massively spoilerish to answer your first question, so don't read this next part if you want to go in without knowing anything.

*** SPOILERS! ***
*** SPOILERS! ***
*** SPOILERS! ***
*** SPOILERS! ***
*** SPOILERS! ***

It's a very dark book, and there's lots of heartbreak in it, but it ends with an HEA. I won't say who it involves, just that it's an HEA. ;)

*** END SPOILERS ***
*** END SPOILERS ***
*** END SPOILERS ***
*** END SPOILERS ***
*** END SPOILERS ***

As for favorite fictional characters...that could fill an entire novel in itself. I like tough, smart, resourceful, independent girls who don't apologize for who they are and don't take shit from anyone. I also love anitheroines and villainesses.

A few I can think of offhand...

- Arya Stark & Cersei Lannister from A Game of Thrones
- Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games
- Ingrid Magnussen from White Oleander
- Ree from Winter's Bone
- Temple from The Reapers Are the Angels