Erin Paterson
Erin Paterson asked:

I have not read this book quite yet. I was wondering if anyone who has can tell me if it touches on the topic of reproduction/fertility at all?

To answer questions about Inside the O'Briens, please sign up.
Heather It touches the fact that a child has a 50/50 chance on getting the disease and that they can check in utero if they child will carry the extended gene. It also goes on to tell you that you can do in-vitro to get a baby that is gene free of the disease.
Sheryl Sorrentino Not fertility so much a the ethical and emotional issues surrounding pregnancy when one's offspring have a 50/50 chance of inheriting the gene that causes this disease. That was emphasized skillfully in the book.
Lorna yes, Obviously fertility is not necessarily too much of an issue if people keep having babies with the gene. The other answers before mine address the other aspects of your question.
Image for Inside the O'Briens
by Lisa Genova (Goodreads Author)