Goodreads asked Kevin Cullis:

Kevin Cullis From my newest book, out Spring 2015:

"I was not prepared for what I encountered. In October, 2013 I volunteered to help an organization sell its products at a local convention event. I always keep my eyes and ears open when I’m out and about to connect with others that are like minded and to find potential customers. Before the event started, I went in search for bottled water and met Jimmy Graham.1 We headed to get our water and on the way, gave our elevator speeches. He learned I served in the USAF during the first Gulf War I and I learned that he was a former Navy SEAL.

Navy SEAL?

I had researched about mental toughness in the Navy SEALs and other Special Forces to compare them to my experience with both entrepreneurs and veterans. I had revised my book to reflect that mental toughness is the start of an entrepreneur’s mindset. Meeting Jimmy I thought that maybe, just maybe, with my introduction to Jimmy I might be able to see if what I read about SEALs was true (Yep, everything is true). Besides, Navy SEALs are that difficult to find, and, because they’re the “quiet professionals,” they don’t seek nor need the limelight. Meeting a former Navy SEAL in real life is more difficult than finding an animal on the endangered species list (they graduate less than 200 SEALs every year). There was a mutually beneficial reason I was hoping to grow a friendship with Jimmy going forward. And since our meeting, it has become a double blessing: we’re of the brotherhood of Christ, first, and the brotherhood of the military, second.

Jimmy and I collected our water and continued our discussion, eventually deciding to meet later to see how we could help one another. What started out as a one-time meeting over coffee turned into more frequent, longer, and more detailed discussions around our businesses. Our discussions also expanded to include how to help Christian men and ultimately, how helping men could help the broader Christian community. Our talks coalesced around both work and business issues and we’ve observed various stumbling blocks that were in our Christian paths, even if there were good intentions involved. The Christian state of affairs are less than positive and not near as productive for those needing help, nor as helpful doing God’s purpose.