Jen
Jen asked:

Im just over half way through this and i am so glad alot of you think the same as me. It drags and repeats so much its doing my head in! Its amazingly researched but, ive kept going because there have been occasions where i thought something was going to happen and then it didnt. I know its one of two, but if All Clear is the same i dont know if i want to waste my time. Should i just give up?

To answer questions about Blackout, please sign up.
Walt The second book was exactly the same as the first, possibly more boring.
David Tate A recurring theme in Connie Willis's work is the confusing chaos of everyday life -- things go wrong, people get confused, plans go awry, frustration is a big part of life. Without getting into spoilers, I would say that in the end there is a better payoff and explanation for all of the frustration than in many of Ms. Willis's works.
Chris Yes, give up! Not for SF fans!
If you love endless details of the Blitz, and mindbogglingly boring monologues, then this may be for you.
Janna Odenthal If you're a WWII buff, you may want to stick it out and keep reading.
Walter Underwood No, the payoff is terrible. She's been hiding essential information from the reader then blurts it out. She lies to the reader through the whole book, then pulls a cheap surprise. Totally unacceptable.
Anders Labich Got half way through book 2 and gave up. I then ended up reading the Wikipedia page about the book(s). That page is very good.
Image for Blackout