Dna
Dna asked:

Do we really need Gillian Flynn to recommend Patricia Highsmith over half a century after Highsmith wrote her insurmountable story? I like your books, Gillian, but please sit down.

To answer questions about Deep Water, please sign up.
Rick I think a contemporary author endorsing a great one (in the same genre) from the past is not a call to 'sit down.' It may help people who aren't familiar with Highsmith's brilliance to find her. I can't see what the problem is here.
Matt It got me reading her, so perhaps
Closet Rebel Anything that turns readers on to great authors from the past the few know about is good in my book.
Giulia Vasquez You just sound bitter....
Maire I recognize that this is a rhetorical question, but I agree 100%!!!
Beth I completely take your point!! At first I had the same feeling. But getting a contemporary author to point readers to THE brilliant consummate master, whose books I marvel at, is worth it.
Greg Dena, love your rhetorical question. But my paperback has endorsements from the Boston Globe, New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Publishers Weekly, Vogue, and Time. In other words, professional critics educated to do their jobs.
Sienzo I read Highsmith before Flynn but I don't think they are mutually exclusive. In many ways, Gillian Flynn is this generation's great thriller author, the way Patricia Highsmith was in her era.
Image for Deep Water