Goodreads asked Travis Berketa:

Travis Berketa 'Jack Majors: Superhero' was an exciting challenge for me to write. I have been an avid collector of comics since I was a teenager, so superheroes were always an inspiration for me. However, it wasn't until I was teaching a Grade 5/6 class in 2007 that Jack Majors began playing around in my mind.

Some of he students were excited by the fact that I had had 'Dark Heart: Images of a City' published, but because it was for adults they didn't get to read it. I was asked if I could write a book that had them in it and was based in a school and involved superheroes in one way or another.

From there the story evolved and now I have set myself the mammoth task of writing five more Jack Majors stories, as I feel that that is the amount of books required to tell this story right.