Beth
Beth asked:

Not to complain but the actress is Farrah Fawcett, not Faucet, as in the book. Was that a typo?

To answer questions about The Life We Bury, please sign up.
Sara Someone who checked this book out before me crossed it out and wrote in the correct spelling of her name!
Lori I listened to the book so I didn't see those typos. However, publishers no longer have full-time copy editors on staff. They hire someone who is paid by the piece so the copy editor often rushes through and does not catch mistakes. I often catch grammar mistakes because correct grammar is not taught anymore. It is a pet peeve of mine. I encourage everyone to complain to the publishers so maybe they will hire at least one full-time person on staff.
Deb Typo? Have no idea. But it did rip me from the story as I laughed out loud. I immediately saw in my head the iconic poster of Farrah in her red one piece bathing suit. Imagining the word "Faucet" written across it...just hit me as funny.
Lisa I noticed quite a few typos as well. One was breath when it should have been breathe. That one is my pet peeve ;)
Leslie I didn't catch that (I'll have to go back and look -- what page?), however, there is a typo on page 206: they refer to Crystal as Crystal Lockwood, not Crystal Hagen. I did a double-take on that one.
Cindy I was looking for it-lol. The actually corrected it on the Kindle version.
Lisa Anne Morrow Now that I've read this, I won't read the book!
Image for The Life We Bury
by Allen Eskens (Goodreads Author)