Just finished reading this on an e-reader. After the letter from Clara to Eleanor at the end, Mrs. Stauer (sp) comments that she did find love...she and Uncle Stephen were married 50 years. Who is Stephen? It did NOT say Ethan as I expected. Is that an error in the e-book? Please help clear this up!

To answer questions about A Fall of Marigolds, please sign up.
Anne Fallon Eleanor was a house maid in distress in Scotland when Clara was there as a private duty nurse to her fathers friend. , Clara gave her the scarf to help her find love again. She did and stayed married for 50 years, Steven was just his name. Clara returned to American and married Ethan. The note was from Clara to Eleanor who was Mrs. Stauer's aunt. Eleanor obviously gave the scarf to her niece. 100 years have passed since the scarf first appeared.
Veronica I am with Kate that the letter is pinned by Eleanor was Mrs. Stauer's aunt whom Clara left the scarf for. Elanor & Steven we married 50 years. :D
Kate I thought that was referring to Eleanor's love, not Clara's??
Alasandra Alawine Eleanor was Mrs Stauer's Aunt, Clara gave her the scarf and went home to marry Dr Ethan.
Beth Diamond I think she was referring to Eleanor's love.
Image for A Fall of Marigolds
by Susan Meissner (Goodreads Author)