Judy Stock
Judy Stock asked:

On the back it says it is a novel. On the front it says a quote from USA Today, which leads the reader to believe it is a real story. I find this a bit confusing! Which is it? Real? Made up? Combination of both?

To answer questions about The Aviator's Wife, please sign up.
Gina Yes it's historical fiction, a genre I love. However, to me historical fiction is made up of fictional characters experiencing real history. Anne Morrow Lindbergh was a real woman, and to ascribe to her all these made up events and emotions left me feeling like, wow, if it were me I'd be pissed.
Beth S. Never heard of historical fiction??
Asteropê What Brenda said. This could be classified as Biographical Fiction, which combines real persons or events in a fictionalized account, whether in full or in part. Fiction about Cleopatra, Anne Boleyn, and other historical persons are the same type.
Brenda S It's historical fiction. It includes historical events but it is made up.
Image for The Aviator's Wife
by Melanie Benjamin (Goodreads Author)