Nora
Nora asked:

Do you believe, as I did, that the book is memoir?

To answer questions about The Education of Little Tree, please sign up.
Genova Vader I thought it was a memoir when I read it for a children's lit class in college. it became my favorite book and then most hated author, after the slow-burn of realizing the racism was supported, not suffered. Should we judge a book for its beauty, separating it from its author? It is only in NOT reconciling the two that I can say that I love this book and that it had a profound impact on me, especially when it comes to Christmas trees.
Rachel This book is not a memoir. I did a brief google search, and wow, it's a not very well-kept secret that Forrest Carter is a pseudonym for Asa Earl Carter who was a member of the KKK as well as the man who wrote the infamous line in 1963 Alabama Gov. George Wallace's inauguration speech, "segreation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever!" So Carter is actually a horrible racist and a huge liar who conned the country for a while. This book is NOT a memoir. I wouldn't even call this a book of fiction. This book is a LIE.
Doris Jean Yes. It is. Yes, this book is a memoir, true and authentic and genuine.
Image for The Education of Little Tree