Kitlina
Kitlina asked:

Ok, so I've just finished the book. And one question just kept nagging at me. It was never mentioned in the story. Did Samuel ever have a girlfriend besides that girl he mentioned from the reservation? I just thought that in so many years he must have gone out with somebody, right? But also his words about Josie made me think that he held out for her, because she was in his every thought? What do you think?

To answer questions about Running Barefoot, please sign up.
Yogesh Jain I think the writer has made it very clear with few lines and events that he never had a girl friend after he left josie. He had been deployed for a long time and written letters for her all the time and she was always in his mind which makes it very clear that he never had a girl friend ever since he met josie
Wendy LeGrand I wondered the same thing. In all the years he was gone nothing is mentioned. And when he comes home Josie never asks him anything about it. I just kept hoping that even though he distanced himself from her because of the age difference that he "saved" himself, because at one point he makes a comment about biding his time and waiting for her, I think it was when she was going to marry Kasey.
Image for Running Barefoot
by Amy Harmon (Goodreads Author)