Åse
Åse asked:

I am an 18-year-old girl, and I normally love these kinds of books, but I am afraid it might be a bit childish since I heard it's a children series? What do you guys think?

To answer questions about The Lightning Thief, please sign up.
Addison Dixon I enjoyed the first book. And I don't know about you, but there are children's series out there that I have read within the past few years and love (i.e. Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Wolves of the Beyond, Because of Winn-Dixie, The Giver.) And I'm 19! In my opinion, as long as it's a well-told story, I'll read it. :)
Annie It is still amazing. My dad read them and he loved them.
Reed This book is a book for all ages. No matter what age you are you will be able to enjoy it a ton. But I do warn you to not watch the movies. The movies ruin the book.
Whisperwind Yes, I finished in a day the first book. I think that if you can get your hands on like five books at a time, go for it! But if you do find you don't like it, get a different book series. May I suggest Warriors, The Giver series, Bad Girls Don't Die, and just browse the library for a book
stanley i think their great my favorites are the third and the fourth also you have to read the Heroes of Olympus as well they are linked and are somewhat better
Image for The Lightning Thief
by Rick Riordan (Goodreads Author)