Tiffany Thompson

I've heard amazing things about this book and enjoy the tv series. My only question making me hesitant to read this book is how much rape is in this book and the series? And last question: are the scenes very graphic?

To answer questions about Outlander, please sign up.
Sally I will warn you; there is one scene towards the end that is very upsetting and is described in quite lengthy graphic detail. It's described in quite a vague fashion without 'coarse' words but your imagination will fill in the rest. It did make me cry, but it was quite tastefully done (as tasteful as describing a rape scene can possibly be).
Tiffany Thompson Thank you so much for your reply. I look forward to reading the book soon!
Amber I think Diana Gabaldon does a great job of providing detail without going too far. There are rape and near-rape scenes, but nothing nearly as dirty and detailed as the Fifty Shades or Game of Thrones books. So far, the series follows the book almost completely. The writing is nothing more graphic than what you see on the screen.
Image for Outlander
by Diana Gabaldon (Goodreads Author)