Sixten Linusson
Sixten Linusson asked Michael J. Sullivan:

Hollow World is one of my favourite novels of ever; any plans of continuing the story? It would indeed make me very happy

Michael J. Sullivan Hey Sixten, Thanks for asking. The answer is YES! So, when I wrote the story, I thought of it as a standalone - and hence why the story pretty much wraps up as it does. But....upon finishing the story, my wife came into my office and rattled off like 5 - 6 story lines she wanted to see more about. Interestingly, several of those were ideas that I was also interested in exploring.

What we didn't know at the time, was whether it was worth telling more tales in that world and with those characters. If the book failed miserably, well it doesn't make sense to write more about people and places that no one enjoys. It's now been almost a year since the book was released, and feedback (both from the number of copies sold, and people asking me about sequels) tell me there is interest in more.

The problem, is timing. I'm in the home stretch of my next series (The First Empire) and hope to have it wrapped up by April or May. Then...I have to get a third Riyria Chronicle book out, because those people have been waiting longer than the Hollow World readers...but once I get those done, then I can turn my attention to it. So...I might be able to start this year, but most likely early next.

Thanks so much for your interest in Hollow World - I loved writing the book and look forward to delving back into it.