Naomi
Naomi asked:

why not get a better cover???? honestly, for debut books/authors covers are VERY IMPORTANT. I know, I know, don't judge a book by its cover, but seriously...

To answer questions about The Storyspinner, please sign up.
Sarah I don't know; I just had this book along with a handful of others suggested to me and this is the only one I clicked on...and I will probably end up buying. I actually like it...the girl looks realistic, not airbrushed and I can picture her in the described setting for the book. Some covers are just too flowery, over-done or over-artsy. For me, I can appreciate the simplicity. But, that's just me.
Becky The marketing department at Simon & Schuster felt like this was the most marketable cover for the target audience. They felt like this had a movie poster feel, and that it made this book feel "big." Authors have very little say in their covers, and I certainly couldn't disagree with the stats the S&S provided!

Sometimes when a book goes to paperback they'll change the cover. Maybe that's something you'll have to keep your eye out for! ;)

Thanks for asking a question! It's nice to know that people are here!
Ryan I'm with Naomi. It feels a little off to me for some unknown reason. I usually don't like to see the character on the front of the book though. It used to bother me as a younger read to constantly flip to the cover and think, "THIS is the girl I am reading about??? I don't get it!!!" I almost feel like a book cover should be something non-character based. Let the reader concoct an image of what the main character looks like in their imagination instead of putting the image there for them to work around. Does that make ANY sense at all or am I nutty???

Despite that...I NEVER judge a book by it's cover. If the story sounds good...I'm in! :)

Hopefully, as the author mentioned, they come up with something a little more interesting for the paperback version. Congrats on the release!!!

PS...
Read this book a couple weeks ago...LOVED it...can't wait for the sequel! :)
Jennifer I actually like this cover. Most of the time I'm not a fan of covers with people on them because a lot of the time the covers end up looking like the same generic cover these days. The cover of this book is what caught my eye first.
Amy Aelleah Actually, I like the cover. I do prefer covers without actual people on them, but I think this girl is pretty and I love her clothes. It also sounds as though this cover will fit the book well.
Mindy I think the cover is great. This book just popped up on my feed as a suggestion for me. Becky, if you'd like a review, let me know. My blog is www.minreadsandreviews.blogspot.com :)
Noh I love the cover. It's different. These days, all covers look pretty much the same - pretty airbrushed (fe)male. If it's a story about elves, (s)he gets ears. If it's a vampire one, (s)he gets fangs. But if you look closely, it's the same person on every book.
Victoria Falzo I really like the cover, actually
Jasey I thought the cover looked rather interesting. She looks realistic and like she belongs in the time period.
Aqua The cover was what made the book stand out for me and made me pick up the book in the first place, I like it. The synopsis sounded interesting too so I bought it.

And really, what with the hunger games popularity, it's not hard to see why they went with a girl looking serious with a bow.
Image for The Storyspinner
by Becky Wallace (Goodreads Author)