Kayla
Kayla asked:

Does the anti-intellectual/anti-science sentiment of the book bother anyone else? Similarly, the implication that a theocratic dictatorship is preferable to a representative government?

To answer questions about Divergent, please sign up.
Amber Late to the party, but, oh my God, YES! It was killing me the entire time I was reading it, the anti-intellectualism. I haven't read this book since my freshman year of high school (and I'm a sophomore at university now), but I'm sure I'd rage even more over it, since I want to work in the academic field (as a professor, hopefully). It just made me want to scream. Being smart does not make you cold and evil!
Kristan Alexander not it does not bother me and what makes you think its a dictatorship???
@kayla
RR
Lincoln
Emma It kind of is a dictatorship because they are forced to chose where they go and they are not aloud to go outside the gate somewhat like the hunger games
Image for Divergent
by Veronica Roth (Goodreads Author)