Stephen R. Marriott

I've added Wild to my growing pile of books to read. I was wondering if any of you lovely people who've read it, were attracted because you felt it resonated with you – in terms of the need just to escape and have some space to reflect. This sort of story is right up my street and if it personally touch anyone, it’s definitely going to the top of the pile. Another Q? Book or film first? Thanks in advance :)

Kat It resonated with me, as her wanting to hike and explore is something that I would want to do. I was attracted to the book for the adventure and the self-explortion that came with the story. As it is based on a true story, it was interesting to see her motivation for doing the hike and the other people who also went on the trail. It can be quite sad and intense in places, but there are moments within the story that made me smile.
I would strongly suggest reading the book first - I am almost finished with reading it and then I'm going to watch the film when its out on DVD
Rose Frye It definitely resonated with me. My mom died when I was younger than Cheryl and I absolutely related to the questions and the deep yearning for her mom and her family that she describes
. Try reading a sample of the book—her writing style is really evident in the first two chapters, the standard length of samples, and you will be able to tell if you would enjoy the book’s style or not.
Jordan Stephen,
Just watch the movie, and read better literature than this.
Jordan
Image for Wild
by Cheryl Strayed (Goodreads Author)