How bad would it be to read this before reading the Farseer books? This book is coming up in a book club but I won't have enough time to read the other books before this one. Should I wait?

To answer questions about Fool's Assassin, please sign up.
James This book would make little sense without having read at least the Tawny Man trilogy and the original trilogy.
Andrew Obrigewitsch I haven't read her new book yet. But I would recommend just doing the Farseer trilogy instead of Fool's Assassin, as it is quite good and the start of all Robin's books.

I read the Farseer and then Liveship Traders. I have not yet read anting else, but those two stories happen in chronological order. Everyone else I've seen talk about it says to start with the Farseer as well, and then read her books in chronological order.
Image for Fool's Assassin
by Robin Hobb (Goodreads Author)