Sheryl
Sheryl asked:

I have a difficult time with scenarios in which animals are hurt. Without asking for any detail, could someone who has read this let me know if there's something similar in this book?

To answer questions about Dark Places, please sign up.
Abbey If anyone else is wondering about this question later, there's also a part about a dog that is killed. I don't often get emotionally upset reading books, but this killed me. I don't think it's as graphic as the cow scene, but it's pretty detailed for the character just thinking about it.
Judy Pancoast Yes, the scene in the cow pasture is very graphic...downright horrible. I think it would bother you a lot. But as Emma said, you could skip it, get the gist of what happened and be okay going on with the book.
Emma There is a graphic and violent scene a little over halfway through this book involving a cow. But I think if you skipped over this part, it wouldn't impair your understanding of the rest of the book. It's not essential to the storyline - it's just showing how disturbed certain characters are.
Image for Dark Places
by Gillian Flynn (Goodreads Author)