Anne Marie Merline

This book was recommended to me as a selection from Colorado. Although some of the book was set in Leadville, I think it more representative of Idaho where the story ends up. Does anyone else understand why this is linked most strongly to Colorado?

To answer questions about Angle of Repose, please sign up.
Deborah I think that the chapters on Leadville were among the most powerful in the book, mostly due to its exquisite description of the land and the mines at that time in history. The Leadville mine in particular played a significant role in mining history. The book actually ends in Grass Valley, Ca., while the mining camp in Idaho is also written about. I think of the Idaho part as the more emotional part of their marriage, and the Leadville as a gripping description of what the land was really like. The Leadville writing is what stayed with me most, and and I have read it twice. I hope you liked the book..its my favorite! It is based on a true story of the artists life.
Patricia Shannon I admit, I had the same question myself. I think it is representative of the whole "opening of the west", and was specifically linked to Colorado because really it all started in Leadville, and was very much about the people who came to Colorado, and the mind-set that kept them moving west.
Image for Angle of Repose