Samir Kasmi
Samir Kasmi asked:

What are some other examples of satirical novels such as Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels from this epoch?

To answer questions about Gulliver's Travels, please sign up.
Pauline McGonagle Try and locate Swift's lesser known 'Citzen of the World' a story of a Chinese traveller exploring England and the satirical take on life there. A true reversal of the 'orientalism' genre with great contemporary references told in a series of letters from the traveller to his son.
A very unlikely other story runs through it but otherwise it is really very amusing!
Richard I hear that Voltaire's Candide is related in style, though I haven't read it yet myself.
Manu Caballer Both 'Candide' and 'Micromegas' (short story) are satirical adventure novels written by Voltaire in the 1750's. They are both beautiful.

As a curiosity, two craters on Mars' moon Deimos are officially named 'Swift' and 'Voltaire', to honor that both writers were right on imagining that Mars had two moons, a hundred years before they were discovered.
Image for Gulliver's Travels