Phoebe
Phoebe asked:

To answer questions about I Am Legend, please sign up.
thelastword Totally. Although after a while, when his character behaved unlike Will Smith's Robert Neville, I couldn't imagine him as Will Smith, or a blonde blue-eyed that he was supposed to be.

Basically Will Smith's Robert Neville >>>> The book's Robert Neville for me.
Rory Nope

I basically imagined him as Michael Fassbender.
Joseph The film was an abomination, and should never have been allowed to share this book's title.
Tim The book plotline is so different from the movie, I didn't really have a hard time with it. I assumed he looked like Will Smith in my head till Matheson gave a description, and then the description seemed to make more sense with the book character's life and personality.
Mojod487 did anyone else notice that his description sounded a lot like Hitler's ideal man?
Jessica Lindsay For sure - until he started acting like a completely different person to Neville in the film. Then it was a lot easier.
Antonio Fanelli I had problem with the whole movie.
Both VIncent Price and Charlton Heston were different, but their movies were ver good even if different from the book.
The last one has nothing in common with the book
John Soria I had a harder time imagining the undead things as vampires who talk and try to sexually entice Robert to come out.
John Leitzke What happened to Consuela? The Puerto Rican house-keeper that kept Will Smith's house and lab and everything else so spotless and dust free?

The Will Smith had no willing suspension of dis-belief. Omega Man (Charlton Heston) and Last Man on Earth (Vincent Price) both had depressingly realistic scenes of desolation and depictions of Robert Neville's struggle to maintain sanity.
Image for I Am Legend